Thursday, February 19

"Bhaiyya, solve question number 11 a. What should be the magnification?"

Five reasons why class X students, with brothers who are pusuing engineering, should not have access to too much technology:
  • Email enables them scan pages and pages of class X question papers and mail them across for instant answers. 
  • Facebook enables them to keep track of status messages - where you are going, what you are doing, who you are going with and so on - and figure out when you lie to them saying you are going for cricket practice.  
  • Google Talk enables them to buzz you online and ask you to solve those irritating optics problems which you try and avoid.
  • And while you intelligently go invisible on Gtalk, they IM you on Facebook and ask the same optics problems.
  • And when you blog about your miseries - they instantly get an email in their inbox and soon you are explaining your stance to mom and dad. To make up for it, you promise to buy them the coolest electronic gadget immediately after the exam!
Incidentally, my sister is in class X and she is taking her boards soon - and no, the above is a general observation.. _not_ born out of my experiences.

PS: Incase you need any Maths/Science question papers of class X, do email me and I shall be happy to send you the papers of last 10-15 years and pre-board exam papers of almost all schools in (and around) Bangalore. 

PS2: If you are wondering why I am perenially invisble on Gtalk, you now know why. 

[@ Akshata, I am just joking honey - you know how much I love those optics problems right] 

Following might help your sis (or bro) if she (or her) is in class X:


1: No, my sister's name is not Rajeshwari - And no, I have no clue who Rajeshwari is.


2:That is the solution to some random two-taps-A-and-B-fill-a-container-in-blah-blah- - -how-much-time-will-it-blah-both-together. 
3:Huh?! I am sure you all can do that right?





5 comments:

Elithraniel Arawion said...

rotfl.. nice post :P and don't remind me abt 10 th std!

Mindbloggler said...

Umm... nice 'bhaiyya'! :P
Remember this?- 'From the era of Board Exams'And the line which says 'There will be a proud brother applauding her'. So of course I want you to applaud me. And by the way i ask u so that ur mind doesnt get rusted. :P

Vikas Shenoy said...

@ Abhinav, :-)
@ Elithra, he he he.. Last post on class X, I promise.

@ Akshata, Thanks for everything!

Aniket said...

I wonder which is more painful - a sister in 11th class asking for diffraction fundaes ("Diffraction? That was not in JEE syllabus!") or a sister in 10th class asking to do some assignment on HTML and web designing for her!

Shruti said...

What about a sister in 12th making you practically take JEE again..

Post a Comment

 

Eccentricity Three Dot Zero | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates