Friday, January 2

Global Cooling, I guess

This post comes from Bangalore - an unusually cold Bangalore.

I cannot recall Bangalore being so cold in the recent past. Bangaloreans used to take out the woolens at the slightest fall in temperature [even at temperatures of mid-twenties]. After having lived through the chilling winter of Delhi, it was amusing to see people with their monkey-caps and woolen socks in the comfortable Bangalore weather.

All that seems to have changed - Bangalore is now cold and breezy. I have to shuttle between balconies and hide behind pillars to be able talk on the phone without falling prey to the cold.

Recently, I read that the temperature hit 10 degrees in Chennai! People tell me Pune is cold and Delhi is freezing!

Whats happening, what's wrong - what 's up with all the talk about global warming, morons? :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, the theory-and I don't know how, but I'm sure you can look it up-predicts more EXTREME weather: some 2 months that are much colder, than usual, and a longer and more intense summer to make up for it. Of course, the chances that any of it is affecting us NOW is negligibly small, anyway.

I could be wrong, I'm just repeating what I heard. I don't remember them mentioning this in ID120 or anything, though.

Czar said...

Dhakkan!

Global warming means extreme weather. Understand it better before you start ranting out, while trying to express to the world that you are trying to speak on the phone outside your house so that your parents don't get to hear what you are saying. :P

On another note, free this weekend?

Vikas Shenoy said...

@ rambling perfectionist,

Ofcourse, this might be an aberration. Climate change won't affect us so immediately.

And yes, I know climate change = extreme weather. Clearly, my attempt at satire failed.

@ Czar,

Thanks for insulting my intelligence. :-)

Weekend, we'll catch up. Shall call sometime.

Post a Comment

 

Eccentricity Three Dot Zero | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates