Saturday, July 4

Reliance Fellowship for Stanford MBA | Summer Awesomeness!

I think summers are a great time. Infact, summers are friggin' awesome times. I remember thinking last summer that things cannot get more awesome than they already were. This summer is slowly standing up to beat it!

A kick-ass coincidence is this: Three of us (I will qualify 'us' soon) had applied for a really amazing scholarship being offered by Reliance Industries called Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship. It is an all-expenses covered scholarship to pursue the two-year MBA at Stanford University. It is not restricted to college students, infact most of the guys who apply are people with extensive professional experience.

So, of the 1500-odd applications (as of last year), Reliance selects about 50 fellows and then finally Stanford selects the 5 who will be offered the scholarship. So, that's a cool 80-odd lakh scholarship for two years!

The information page can be accessed here.
The list of fellows of last year is here.

Anyway, the coincidence part is this: Two of my friends...

- Gaurav Sapra - BITS Goa, just finished college this year - He is one of those 'childhood friends' that they talk about in stories and movies.

- Aniket 'Uss' Pangarkar- Insti fellow, going into final year now - He is my mentor, guide, chuddy-buddy etc. etc. He is also my partner in most, if not all, crimes in the insti. (They say gay-partner, but that's not true, trust me).

... and I had applied for this fellowship. And to our respective utter disbeliefs, all the three got through to the top 50!

So, while we reel under the sheer awesomeness (yes, indeed flicked from Kung-fu Panda) of the coincidence, those two have started preparing for their GMAT (provided free of cost by Reliance to the finalists) and I, having already taken my GMAT last month, am planning to write a book on how awesome summers, even summers like the ones in Chennai, can get! :-)

14 comments:

jimmy said...

Congratulations, and when celebrations?

Archana said...

Hearty Congratulations Vikas !!! Great to hear that all 3 of you got through.You guys rock!!Do write the book soon.Would love to read it :)

Vikas Shenoy said...

@ Jimmy, Danke. This is just half-a-step in the marathon. I will mail you my essays for Stan as well :P

@ Archana, thanks so much! He he he.. it is just a weird coincidence!

Apart, the book part was a joke, but I think I should actually author one! :D

Pradeep said...

Hey trully awesome yaar. I can safely say that you were meant to do great things! So, this is just the beginning...

Mohan K.V said...

Congratulations! All the best with the essays and the rest of the process.

Unknown said...

Congrats man! All the best!

Vikas Shenoy said...

@ Pradeep, Sly, itne bade words nahi!

@ KVM, Thank you. Wil take fundaes from you on Stan sometime.

@ T, Thanks.

Arun said...

Cool man, thats great. Goodluck

Vandana Shenoy said...

Congrats to all three of you. And all the very best!

Hetero sapien said...

congrats dude. keep me posted

Venkat said...

what's your gmat score dude?

Vikas Shenoy said...

@ Arun, Vandana - Thanks
@ Hetero Sapien - will do man and thanks for the initial fundaes.

@ Venkat - Is it advisable for me to respond to such a direct query from an absolute stranger? :-)

Venkat said...

Since you didn't mind sharing that you made to the top 50, I felt you will be ok sharing the score too...anyways, up to you :) All the best for future.

Manu Dev Gupta / Gilly said...

1. You are aweeeesomeee!!!
2. You are toooooooo goooood to be jealous of..
3. You inspire me..Yeas, you do!

Congratulations!!!

Post a Comment

 

Eccentricity Three Dot Zero | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates