Saturday, September 27

Group Dances

I happened to watch a Freshi Nite Choreo sequence just now. On the huge SAC stage, there were a lot of freshie guys and freshie girls dancing to some nice hindi party numbers.

I watched the 3-odd minute video a couple of times. I have the following opinion: In your troupe, you should NOT have a dancer who is disproportionately hot as compared to the rest of your group. What happens then is that the other guys on the stage definitely become inconsequential and the other girls are also easy to ignore.

After watching it a few more times, I realised I would have enjoyed the video as much if not more if the guys were kicked out and the other girls were also .. well.. kicked-out. All I remember is the one girl grooving to the music :D

On the other hand, if that disproportionately hot dancer is a great dancer, the chances of your team winning multiply since the others are anyway not being watched so closely! This is probably analogous to the fact that if two naked women rob a bank, they will never get caught since no one would actually remember how their faces look.

That said, tonight is the inter-hostel Choreo Nite, so let me test if this theory I have come up with is true or not. [God, I wish Sharav has a hot girl... No, the hot girl in their team]

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well then lets hope your first peek into human psychology turns into some thing substantial. Choreo Night today is the place to put to test the theory.
Would want to post on the 'Sharav having a hot girl' but am refraining for a personal trip ride ;-)

Lovneet said...

who is she? :D

Anonymous said...

Layzee is droolin crazyee :D

Vikas Shenoy said...

@ anonymous 1

Is it not very evident that you are normal! (No pun)

Apart, as Ducky agreed, all ex-s grow fat! So, peace. :D

@ jhopdi

He he! What else can I say.

@ anonymous2
:D

Anonymous said...

Funny theory. But I guess your hypothesis is correct. So what happened that night?

Vikas Shenoy said...

@ Clever Doll,

That night, there were two all-girls teams. The first team, where my hypothesis could have been verified performed at the beginning and I missed it :-(

The second team was a bunch of oldies dancing in sarees. And there was too much distraction to verify my theory. So :-(

Anonymous said...

In full agreement with anonymous 2... :D

Post a Comment

 

Eccentricity Three Dot Zero | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates