Thursday, May 3

THAT-WAS-THE-SEMESTER-THAT-WAS. >:-<


God, I can take it no more. Finally, I can see the light at the end of this tunnel. FOUR Months and innumerable classes later, I am on the verge of Breaking down. BUT I am not. It was an agonizing wait. It still is.

23 credits. This sem just sucked it out of me. I am glad, very glad that this Semester is over. I must admit the system sometimes just sucks up to you. You cant help but succumb to the pressures of the System. Classes. Labs. Assignments, Projects, Presentations, Term Papers, Quizzes, Submissions, Deadlines, Contests and Demonstrations. I am dead for all practical purposes. My mind is refusing any new connections, the server is not responding. Massive Shutdown is in progress. The Grey cells are History. The Processor has flared up.

Damn you Demon in the disguise of the Prof. You demand 75 percent attendance for that class of yours where its difficult to stay alive let alone awake. Your Incessant monotonous lectures are like the hum of the AC capable of putting to sleep even Lady Liberty in the US of A. That reference book which you refer, I have too. The library has n. So why bother dictating the same shit in class, neither you like it nor do I. Why teach the whole Root Locus method for months when a simple rlocus command in MATLAB7 can do it in a couple of clock cycles of my Dual Core. 8085, Yes that archaic Microprocessor my grandfather thought was old, why do you force me to mug up its Processor speed, Pin-out, Registers, Stacks, Pointers, size, weight, volume, density and its Gestation Period.

Why the f**k do you Mr old-bald-dickhead-IELab-Incharge call us to your lab? Just to say GET OUT? To give us a ZERO after the four months of fingering and fondling your Cathode Ray Oscilloscope. Five to Seven Thirty every Wednesday we were at your mercy, scared to part our lips for we feared your scathing remarks. Only If i could VETO, Veto.

Dynamics of Machinery, Enh?? The sort of enthusiasm that you show with that piece of limestone in your hand!!! I would radiate more energy while I sleep than you on the Dias. I know the Whitworth, I know the Pantograph and I know the IC Engine. I know not how you could radiate negative energy to shoo me off the class. THANKS for not taking Attendance. By the way, I know the CRANK, I know the CAM and I know the GEAR too.

Yes Ma'am. Charpitt's Equations. Simpson's, Gauss', Siedel's, Newton's. Everyone's Ma'am. UP THEIRS. I forgot to add Euler. Ya but you were a motherly Prof. You actually cared for the student's knowledge more than his attendance and grades. And SO did we Ma'am. Thanks for everything except the Math.

I can rant on.. endlessly. Thats because I have been there, done that. Better put - Thrown there, Forced to do that. This frustration had to come out somewhere. I could not go and tell the prof all this for he is gonna take 3 more credits next sem. I could not tell my peers for they had better versions of the same. It all boils down to this day. I will never have to go through the fourth semester of IIT in my life EVER again. Am I glad or what.

4th Semester. **Gun Shot** Happiness all around.

Curtain Closes.
#ADVERTISEMENT: Join 5th Sem for an even more painful, agonizing, strenous and miserable semester. #

PS: The Author of this post is a frustrated IITian who had 8 full-course exams in 10 days. Slept exactly 29 minutes between 6.16 am and 6.45 am everyday. He also got a ZERO in the aforementioned lab. He has made full use of the 75 pc attendance rule and was having 75.00 in two subjects, slightly less in a couple and he loves the two profs who dint take attendance.

7 comments:

Hetero sapien said...

Exactly my sentiments dude. Let's veto Vitto. I was planning on writing a post on the same topic on the hols, but now I will simply redirect my readers to yours'.One thing though, SKP, the "escapee" has a damn hot wife. That was the only reason i attended his classes, dont what the connection is..but heck..I did attend.

Hetero sapien said...

**correction: "In the hols" and not "on the hols" I hate making grammatical errors!

Sirisha Kurada said...

heee heeee.....u sure were stressed out... [:D] ya but like u said itd over...wellll almost.....and i must say this was one sem i found hard to bear tooo... [:P]

amrit said...

Wish you good luck for next sem!

Czar said...

Be happy you arent in mech.
My 4th sem end sems went like this:

Finish the day's exam knowing very well you have cupped it. Come back to room after a bloody heavy lunch. Crash like a pig till 530 pm. There are 5 guys in the wing doing the same shit. 545 pm, all five get together and watch a movie till 730 or 8 pm. Get done with dinner by 830 and 845 ten to twelve guys gather in the wing.

Now starts the fun. The 'n' chapters are divided into the ten or twelve guys for the next fifteen minutes. We all start mugging our respective chapters till 12 midnight. 1210 am begins the group mug. Dude no.1 starts putting fundaes to the remaining fellows in a room filled with one fan that is not working and the heat given out by those 12 pigs is just not bearable, with the CPU fan having cupped, the comp is adding to the heat.

Never mind, no one bothers. There is an end sem to save in 9 hours. 30 to 40 mins per chapter. We gather whatever we can in those 30 to 40 minutes.

Dude no. 2 is next. Somewhere at 2 am, we go to the premature minar which was in the mess hall of Saras then. Eat some 'shit' and get back and the routine continues.

730 am. We all are SET. :P. People get back to their hostels, do the thing, and arrive at the examination hall.

You slept for 29 mins. My 4th semester end sems, I slept more than you, but not a single minute starting 530 pm in the evening till 1 pm next day.

It was good fun.
Anyway, as Vatsa says, 'all the best for the next one'. :)

Sataract said...

lol...must have been a pretty hard sem...and plus summer...so yea..understand all the bad sentiments...

Twilight Fairy said...

and hey..
you've been tagged
... c'mon play along...

Post a Comment

 

Eccentricity Three Dot Zero | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates